Daniel Evans's production of South Pacific to Manchester, Sadler's Wells and tour in 2022
Rodgers & Hammerstein’s SOUTH PACIFIC
FOR OUR REVIEW IN CHICHESTER GO HERE
The production opens at Manchester Opera House on 16 July 2022 ahead of a season at Sadler’s Wells, London from 27 July to 28 August 2022 (with a press night on 4 August 2022) followed by a limited 10-week UK and Ireland Tour visiting Dublin, Newcastle, Birmingham, Glasgow, Cardiff, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Canterbury. Chichester’s Artistic Director Daniel Evans, will once again direct Julian, Gina, Rob, Joanna and Sera as they reprise the roles they played to enormous critical and audience acclaim at Chichester Festival Theatre in the summer of 2021.
Music by Richard Rodgers
Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II
Book by Oscar Hammerstein II and Joshua Logan
Adapted from the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel Tales of the South Pacific by James A. Michener
Daniel Evans’s exhilarating, critically-acclaimed Festival 2021 production of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s South Pacific will open at Manchester Opera House (16 – 23 July) before a strictly limited London season at Sadler’s Wells from 27 July – 28 August (press night: 4 August). Julian Ovenden and Gina Beck lead the cast in Manchester and at Sadler’s Wells,recreating their roles as Emile de Becque and Nellie Forbush.
The production will then tour to Dublin, Newcastle, Birmingham, Glasgow, Cardiff, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Canterbury, with Gina Beck as Nellie and further casting to be announced.
This much-loved Tony and Pulitzer Prize-winning musical, set on a South Pacific island during World War ll, boasts one of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s most memorable scores, including songs such as Some Enchanted Evening, I’m Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My
Hair and Bali Ha’i.
The set and costume designer is Peter McKintosh, and the choreographer and movement director, Ann Yee. Musical supervision is by Nigel Lilley, with musical direction by Cat Beveridge, new orchestration by David Cullen, original Broadway orchestration by Robert Russell Bennett, lighting design by Howard Harrison, sound design by Paul Groothuis, video design by Gillian Tan, additional arrangements and Happy Talk orchestrations by Theo Jamieson, casting by Charlotte Sutton CDG and additional children’s casting by Verity Naughton CDG.
South Pacific is presented by Jamie Wilson, Jonathan Church Theatre Productions, and Gavin Kalin.
For full tour details, visit southpacificshow.com
- Tue 13 – Sat 17 Sep 2022 DUBLIN Bord GáisBox Office+353 1 677 7999 BOOK NOW
- Tue 20 – Sat 24 Sep 2022 NEWCASTLETheatre Royal Box Office0844 811 2121*BOOK NOW
- Tue 27 Sep – Sat 1 Oct 2022 BIRMINGHAM Alexandra TheatreBox Office0333 009 6690 BOOK NOW
- Tue 4 – Sat 8 Oct 2022 GLASGOWTheatre RoyalBox Office0333 009 6690 * BOOK NOW
- Tue 11 – Sat 15 Oct 2022 CARDIFF Wales Millennium Centre Box Office029 2063 6464 BOOK NOW
- Tue 18 – Sat 22 Oct 2022 NOTTINGHAM Theatre RoyalBox Office0115 989 5555 BOOK NOW
- Tue 25 – Sat 29 Oct 2022 EDINBURGH Festival TheatreBox Office0131 529 6000 BOOK NOW
- Tue 1 – Sat 5 Nov 2022 LEEDS Grand Theatre Box Office 0113 243 0808BOOK NOW
- Tue 15 – Sat 19 Nov 2022 CANTERBURY Marlowe TheatreBox Office01227 787787 BOOK NOW